April 1, 2011

April School Days....

Well April is here and the end of the academic school year is in sight!  Around the Campbell household, we will keep schooling through the summer though...it's too hot in Tennessee in July/August!  Might as well read some great Sonlight books.

I love this time of year because I get to start dreaming about what next year will  hold.  What curriculum changes will we make to improve on an already great experience.  I have to say that I am a Sonlight fan, and will always use that as my core History...next year Part 2 of World History.    Love Rod and Staff English and Bible, so that will stay as well.  Although I really know that what we are using is working, there is always the temptation that there is something better out there!  So I peruse catalogs, check out homeschoolreviews.com and attend homeschool conventions like the one in Memphis.  It's fun.  I love curriculum and love exploring the options. 

I am working on an option to hold several events in the next 2 months.  Homeschooling 101 Seminar for those just thinking or just getting started.  We will also have a Homeschooling Beyond 101 Seminar ...a curriculum discussion and encouragement session for those of us who have been in the trenches for a while!  Keep an eye out for those dates.  I should have them confirmed by April 10. 

We will also hold a Used Curriculum Sale, but I'm working on a bigger venue than Winchester.  I hope to have the sale the 1st or 2nd week of May.  Keep checking for info!

Happy Homeschooling Everyone and Dream a little about next year! 


Terry

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't wait for the seminar and the sale!!

Jenny said...

Did I miss the sale?